Your reader needs to be curious enough to continue past the title. Your title then leads the reader to find out more.
3 tips for writing great headlines.
1. The first tip: use this free online tool to rate your headline. What will this tool tell you? And how can it help you?
This free tool will analyze your headline to determine the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) score.
Writing a compelling headline is unquestionably the most important piece of copy you can write to get your customers to want to read more. You want your headline to touch your customers in a deep and emotional way.
This tool will analyze your headline and score it based on the total number of EMV words it has in relation to the total number of words it contains. This will determine the EMV score of your headline.
What does your headline score mean?
You will get a score from 0 to 100. A perfect score would be 100, but that is rare unless your headline is less than five words.
Your goal should be to get between 30 and 40. Here is a comparison for you – most professional copywriters’ headlines will have 30-40 EMV Words in their headlines, while the most gifted copywriters will have 50-75 EMV words in headlines.
I bet you would like to try the free headline analyzer tool. Right?
Well here it is …Free Headline Analyzer Tool.
2. The second tip: be sure that whatever you state in your headline you follow through in your post.
For example if your headline is: ‘The 5 Best Ways To Meet People’ – then you must have 5 ways explained in your article. Don’t digress into another topic – save your new ideas for another blog post.
Let your readers know what they are going to learn; then be sure to deliver.
3. Tip number 3: 3 examples of headlines that scored over 40, using the Headline Analysis Tool. These 3 headline examples give you a place to start with your own headlines.
A.) The Secret To Writing Great Articles this headline scored a 50. Words like secret, find out, discover make the reader curious. This headline appeals to people who want to know the secret. This is an example of the “Get What You Want” headline.
B.) How To Use Social Media this headline scored a 60. The “How To” headlines are very popular. People want to learn, they want to know ‘how to’ do (something).
C.) 5 Predictions On The Future Of Online Marketing this headline scored a 50. This is called the Crystal Ball headline. It will intrigue your readers to find out more.
You have learned about compelling headlines.
- there is a free headline analyzer tool you can use to help you
- to always make your content consistent with your headline, in other words don’t write a sensational headline to grab attention;then not follow through with relevant content.
- 3 different types of headlines the “Get What You Want”, the “How To”, and the “Crystal Ball” headline.
Play with headline analyzer, have some fun with it, and check out another ‘how to‘ articles.
Hope this helps you,
P.S. For more tips connect with me on Facebook.
P.P.S. Better Women’s Network will train you in online business marketing. Are you ready?